Friday, February 20, 2009

Bbitce Is Bback!

My apologies for the super duper long hiatus. My digital camera was on the fritz (right after the warranty expired, I might add) and it has taken me quite some time to get a new one. Since I've been gone, I have continued creating and have gathered a few "toys" along the way.





I'd like to introduce you to Ching Mai:



Photobucket




She was a (belated) Christmas present to me and already has proven to be indispensible. The only problems I have with this dressform are that the dials are hard to turn and the waist does not expand as far as the specifications state. Right now the waistline is a problem because I am at my winter weight…le sigh. But, I will be back down to my summer weight in a few months, so then that won't be a problem.


On a late night forage through the internets (sic), I came across these:



Photobucket





They are paperless reusable patterners that adjust in size. With these two particular tools, I am able to make basic patterns without paper for jackets, blouses, shirts, coats, dresses, and skirts. The company also sells the pants patterner, but since I also have these:



Photobucket Photobucket


I don't think I'll get the pants patterner……BUT then again, I have an obsession of keeping 'sets' together, so I probably will break down and get that as well.





Well, back to Ching Mai and the tools….I am working on this coat (that my son swears is a poncho):

Photobucket Photobucket



With Ching Mai's help and using the rulers and French curves, I hope this will end up as a wool coat with a quilted lining.



I'll share other projects later, including some crocheting and knitting. So in parting, take a look at this 'fun' scarf and hat set I crocheted for my lovely mini-me:

Photobucket

No comments: