Thursday, February 26, 2009

Simplicity 2896

I saw this pattern last year at Joann's last year, but didn't buy it because the price was beyond my pocketbook. Thank God for dollar sales! I purchased this pattern last week, along with a few others to update my spring/summer wardrobe.

The first incarnation of this shirt is in denim:

Photobucket
I have about five yards of beige linen that I got at the end of last summer for a song and that fabric will be the second incarnation of this shirt. This shirt was fun for me to make as I always loved these types of sleeves. When I was a young girl, I would try to iron or pull my sleeves upward so that they would form a pouf. If it was up to me, all ladies shirts with sleeves would have poufs!
Until we meet again...

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I made this last year and fell in LOVE with the puffy sleeve! LOL

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

I welcome his return. Greetings from Barcelona and see you soon.

Paco