Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mandarin Jacket Progress




I am almost finished this jacket. Contrary to the picture, one sleeve has already been set. Unfortunately, the jacket and I had a disagreement on setting the second sleeve. So, I told the jacket to sleep on it and I would deal with it when I arrive home tonight. She and I are having a talk tonight!

This jacket was fun to make. I am not crazy about the fit because I was too lazy to alter the pattern, but a padded brassiere should do the trick.

In other news…My son is a student at the Baltimore School for the Arts in the Visual Arts Department. He has since decided to become a fashion designer. Yeah, me! He
wanted to make a pair of jeans for his Ninth Grade Jury. Well, here they are:

We both made it through this!

FIERCE??!!
He drew the pocket design and hand embroidered it. He also hand sewed the zipper and the topstitching at the fly. He hand sews pretty straight. Now, if he could only sew straight. But this isn't bad for the very first project and minimal help from me..
I'm searching for some shantung for the next project. I already have the pattern cut and ready to go.



No comments: