Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Voila

Introducing Chang Mai:





This picture doesn't do her justice. I should have taken a picture wearing it, but I looked like a Tranny Hot Mess last night. I also need to add another froggie at the waistline. My daughter tried it on (she's one cup size larger than I) and the fit was gorgeous! If I make this again, I will take some of the billowage out of the sleeves (although it wears well).



So, um....this is me in casual fierce mode. As you can see, I am a black & white combo addict. The neck piece was also constructed by yours truly! I didn't make the shirt, but I did make the earrings. I apologize for the picture blurriness, but it's hard to find good help.... ;-)



My son's pants went over OK during is Jury Show yeasterday. His teachers had the same comments for him as I did. He is interested in designing clothing for skaters, so I guess we won't be opening a power couture house after all....or maybe his designs will be the economy line?



Before I go....a word about fabrics. I love, love, love natural fibers! Synthetics make me hot and itchy, particularly polyester. I made the jacket in polyester one because it won't be touching my skin and two, well, look at that fabric design! I had to have it! Generally, I only work with silk, cotton, wool, and linen. I plan to make a leather this year (pray my strenght!) and possibly learn to make shoes....daunting, but that would be haute!

No comments: